Work on the Plaza continues as scheduled. This week Pepper Construction is:
- Doing the exterior layout on the south end of the Plaza.
- Continuing with the exploration in the ceiling on the lower level and Burrill Hall (through May 18). They are assessing the mechanical, electrical and plumbing. Pipes are not running per the drawings, which is fairly common. In addition, they are taking material samples to identify where any asbestos may be.
- Continuing the exploration of the second elevator shaft, which will be completed by June 1. After we receive drawings of the areas that will be involved in the construction of the second elevator, we will share information with the departments and people who will be impacted by that work.
The contractor has been informed of all the meetings scheduled in Burrill Hall for the months of May and June and will be doing the exploratory work around them.
Next week, Pepper will:
- Remove the old waterproofing membrane covering the plaza
- Core and pipe the new drains
There will be elevated noise related to these activities for periods of two to three hours at a time over the course of next week. The noise, however, will not be as loud as experienced during the demolition.