Weather permitting, the following work is anticipated for next week:
- Demolition of the waterproofing on the lower tier of the south plaza through Monday. This work will be noisy.
- Installation of the waterproofing Monday through Wednesday, which may produce strong odors.
- Installation of the storefront steel Thursday and Friday, which will continue into the following week.
- Concrete layout.
A quiet day is planned for June 21, 2011. On that day, Make Music Chicago: Music of Maurice Ravel and Claude Debussy will be presented in the Cathedral and on St. James Commons plaza (north). See http://www.makemusicchicago.com/ for more information.
During the following week, we expect the following work:
- Framing and pouring of concrete
- Continuation of the storefront steel installation
- The Peace Angel statue, located on the northeast plaza, will be removed to storage. The removal of the Peace Angel is in preparation for the north phase of the plaza renovation.